Friday, April 24, 2009

Fakes of the week !

Out Of Africa :

'Two down, two more to go', I said, almost to myself, but within earshot of my buddy Bhatsing.
'You mean eight more to go', he said, with his eyes glued to the TV.
'No two more' I said,
'Hey, whats the matter, aren't you watching the match ?' This time he looked me straight in the face, a major concession, nothing could divert his attention from the match with KKR on the batting side.
Oh, so that's it, I was talking about the elections, two rounds of polling over, and two more to go, and Bhatsing was talking cricket !
That's how inexorably the two are mixed up !

And talking about cricket and elections, did you know South Africa too is in the midst of elections?  - Our brave cricketers, in the interest of the game, and not wanting to jeopardise Indian Democracy, are  braving the wilds of Africa  instead !!  And not a peek about security ! How about that !! Three Cheers for Zintas and Zebras,  Shah Rukhs   Shilpas and sheetas, Kingfishers' birds' and Mallyas, and not to forget the BCCI and Lalit Modi ! Hip Hip Hooray ! 


Maya memsahib and Sanju baba :


Grapevine has it that Mayawati is real mad at Sanjay Dutt. 
'Quite rightly so', I said to my buddy Bhatsing,  whilst we downed our second cup of Robusta, 'the cheek of the guy, saying he'll give her a jhappi and a pappi' ( a hug and a kiss ). 
'Now he says he's sorry', said Bhatsing, 'but that wont do for Maya memsahib, she wants her pound of flesh'.
 I'd do the same' I said, 'I'd file a police complaint too' 
No, no, she's really mad because he hasn't kept his word.
'What word' ? I asked quizzically ?
'Well she wanted him to deliver on the jappi and pappi promise, but Sanju baba, the turncoat that he is, reneged on his promise'. 'Called it an election campaign promise' !!

1 comment:

Kiran B said...

Could not take my face away from watching the KKR wickets fall. Warne has done it! Exactly what I had hoped for. I did switch to American Idol for some good music and Simon Cowell comments. I am backing Allison, a 16 year old rocker. She rocks!! (I sound like a teenybopper) and of course Danny Gokey.

Apparently Sanju Baba is keeping his jappis for Maya (not Mrs. Bhatsing) and Pappis for the general public. Dive for cover!! or head for the hills which would be a good thing to do in this heat unfortunately what the 4 letter word :work" does not allow me to do.

While on the subject of fakes, have you seen the blog of Fakeiplplayer? Interesting.

Ciao,
Bhatsing.